View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 05:48 AM   #666
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
There are a group of authors whom I buy as soon as a new book becomes available, even at hard back prices (note this is the money that is lost with the Amazon one size fits all model)... This group isn't all that big maybe 20 or 30 authors who are currently active...

The next group is authors that I buy at paperback prices. This includes authors whom I basically like, but that I don't consider particularly special. There are a lot of books and authors in this group. I will take a chance on a new author at paper back prices if the book looks interesting, while I probably won't do so at hardback prices.

except that I would add that PWalker's description, for me, applies only to fiction. In the case of nonfiction, which is the majority of what I buy, I only buy hardcover (although occasionally I will buy both the hardcover and ebook versions).
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote