View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 03:19 PM   #65
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by balok View Post
I have come to the conclusion that ebooks are good, but libraries are way better.
I don't totally disagree but here's my very simplistic view on buying vs. library (which really isn't "vs."). Authors *need* people to buy books. If only libraries were purchasing books, authors would not have enough money coming in to make writing a full time career. It's ordinary people buying books (paper and ebooks) that help to make writing a career. I also think ebooks will be better for authors in the long run if the prices are low enough so that *everyone* can afford to purchase them. With a paper book, once it's purchased, that's it. The book can be loaned around and even re-sold and the author will not see another penny.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote