View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #7
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byzantine View Post
I know I can upload a Word document to my Kindle email address, and get a mobi file on my Kindle device, but I found it's not in Kindle Format 8.
How can I control the output format?
My device is old Kindle Keyboard, I'm not sure if it's relative to the device, but it does support Kindle Format 8 after updated to version 3.4
Thanks.
The old mail service returns only a Mobi 7 version, and for that reason is not much used any longer except by those producing very basic books. It actually didn't serve much purpose anyhow, because you could get the same result by uploading to the KDP, then downloading the converted book file (Step 6).

Early models of the K3 can't show KF8; later versions (including the one I own) can.

I have found that the easy way to get good html from Word is to run the Word doc through word2cleanhtml.com online. There is also a Toxaris utility you can download for the newer versions of Word (mine alas is 2000).
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote