View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #15
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The same figure is quoted by eInk - it's in the "News" section of their site - so I'm sure it's true. It would be too easy to disprove if not.
If you mean the top item on this page, that's just a copy of Amazon's press release.

If you mean the quoted text on this page that's just quoting from Amazon's press release.

If you mean this customer showcase, that's also clearly quoting the Amazon press release.

Note the bit that says "Uses E Ink Pearl Active Matrix Display". Follow that link and you can find the technical specifications for the Pearl display which have not changed.

I think the 25% increase in contrast is some tricky wording by Amazon. I think that without the front light, the eInk screen will have the same contrast as the entry level Kindle without a touch screen.

I would, as I say, be delighted to be wrong. But if E Ink really did have a new scren with 25% more contrast, they'd be shouting it from the rooftops, and it would be appearing in other manufacturers' devices, or they would be talking about an exclusive supply to Amazon.

That neither has happened makes me think it's marketing speak, not technical improvement.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote