View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #11
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
@binhnt: The Paperwhite may get the same annoying bright spots on the display as the Nook Glowlight gets when the screen surface gets dented. I am getting one mostly so I can test my code on it (not for reading ).

Here are some photos of what to expect from a minor light guide surface damage:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...he-new-nooklit

I am hoping that the Kindle Paperwhite has a harder surface and will not have the same problem as the Nook Glowlight. I will treat my Paperwhite with care and respect, just to avoid any possible problems such as that.

Just for reading, the $69 kindle seems like a great deal to me. It is even reported to have a much nicer screen (better quality control?) than the $79 K4. But only you can make that decision.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-24-2012 at 04:53 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote