View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #44
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
Yes photographs can be copyrighted currently,
No. Photographs are automatically copyrighted, the moment they are created, as is anything else that qualifies for coypright protection.

Quote:
You misunderstand my approach,
I think I understand your approach perfectly. You want stuff you can't afford, so you try to justify taking it without paying for it.

Quote:
it is my belief that no one can create anything as everything has already been created.
If that were true, then, by your logic, there is no reason for you to even desire anything that is still under copyright because everything has already been created. Find something in the public domain. By your logic, whatever you want must be there.

If you actually believe what you're spouting.

Quote:
But as to the OP, I think it is obvious none of us have an answer. But I think we should err on the side of sharing at the moment.
That would be because you want stuff you can't afford, and want to take it anyway, without paying for it.

The French Revolution did away with copyright. Basically, nothing new was published until it was brought back. Your approach was tried. And failed. Spectacularly.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote