View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #14
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by short_skirts View Post
Thank you for the help, I appreciate it. Unfortunately, it didn't change anything. And that box ("Attempt to support newer firmware") was already checked. I will keep trying.
First thing, can you check what version of calibre you are running. You wrote "8.6.6" which I assume was "0.8.60" but, you might have meant 0.8.66 which is the current version.

It is possible the Kobo driver has been disabled. When you followed my instructions, was the ""Kobo Reader Device Interface"" entry greyed out? If so, select it and press the "Enable/Disable plugin" button. Then check the plugin customization is OK and restart calibre. Then plugin the Touch and see if it is detected.

If it isn't run the device detection routine. With the Touch connected, do the following:
- Open the Preferences
- Click the "Miscellaneous" button at the bottom
- Click "Debug device detection"
- A window will open. After a short while it will show details of what calibre is seeing connected to the computer.
- Post the output so we can have a look at it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote