View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 01:17 PM   #11
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BeBook One, Pocketbook Touch, Pocketbook Touch HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
To start with, you do not have to convert TTF to OTF. ADE supports both types of fonts for embedding. Second, just play around with line-height and you can then fix the spacing between the lines.
Thank you. I already knew that TTF also works, I just thought I heard something like "OTF would be better". However, I found a website where you can upload a TTF font and it will be converted to OTF within seconds - for free. But I guess from now on I will give TTF a try, too. Again thanks for giving me the confidence that line height should work (I still haven't tried it - the first thing that I made when I got to the computer was looking at this thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
As for including images in the ePub to simulate the handwriting, I agree that it's a bad idea in ePub to do this when you can make it look nice with an embedded font that will re-size when you want it to.
Oh yes, that is so true. And another thing that no one has mentioned so far: you can't do a text search inside an image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Actually, in real writing it can happen that letters overflow, especially the highs and lows. I kind of like it really.
The way you talk, it seems as if you received a handwritten letter by me

Just to add this: the letters in this book are written by young teenage guys. One of them has a correct spelling, the other one makes a few mistakes, like for example, he sometimes forgets a letter, or he accidentally wrote a word twice. So yes, overflowing letters can happen - and in this case it would really fit. But still, I will give it a try with line height.
NASCARaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote