View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #13
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's a very good idea to load books in small batches (say 20 at a time) and wait for each batch to finish indexing before loading the next. Less chance of problems that way.
If one has a Kindle Paperwhite which has indexed all books fine, I think it'd be safe to just dump all of them onto the KPW2. I can't really believe that a book that indexes OK on the PW1 would hang the PW2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenDonkey View Post
Can the indexing be disabled or tricked some way to skip books? I'm getting mine tomorrow (hopefully without fancy colors on the screen), but waiting that long for indexing... my old PRS-505 took a minute or 2 and I found that extreme...
You can just read. The indexer suspends for some time as soon as you touch the Kindle.

Last edited by Katsunami; 10-03-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote