Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 01:04 AM   #168
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I'm 16 full days in since charging, 32.25 hours of reading on lowest lighting level, and now at 50%.

Nothing but sleep mode since I last charged it -though I did connect it to the PC for about a minute and a half transferring a file from Calibre.(Theoretically, that would allow for less than 12.5ma of charging, or an error of less than 1.25% since current was also being consumed while transferring files, all assuming a 1000maH battery as has been reported.)

From the first time or two I'd charged the reader prior to this trial, I thought it was doing pretty well, but I was connecting to the pc to transfer books from calibre and I wasn't really keeping track of exact hours, and tended to recharge before 30% or so.

This run without charging has impressed me to no end so far, especially with the LED lighting active, albeit all the way down. My only regret is that I failed to keep track of pages read as well as time as users read at different paces.

This all looks great so far, but there is no guarantee the other side of the hill from 50% down will be as smooth, or that it will be as linear. We'll see.

Last edited by TechniSol; 03-11-2013 at 01:10 AM.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote