View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolyx View Post
The Kindle is approximately 18 months old. It was ordered brand new from Amazon for a UK Mother's Day gift last year (3rd April), but it has only been used regularly for around a year. I can't vouch for how often it has been charged, e.g. if it was only charged when the battery got low, or if it was frequently "topped up" which I understand isn't the best thing to do with the type of battery this Kindle model uses.

It hasn't displayed any low battery warning messages at any time while this recent problem was happening, but I guess that may not mean anything if it is indeed faulty.
Only 18 months would be a rather short time, but not unknown.

Just keep in mind that this battery **might** be suffering from low capacity.
The monitoring in the Kindle only tests the terminal voltage even when the firmware is working.
When the firmware isn't working properly, all bets are off.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote