View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #6
dos1
20% cooler.
dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
I've just uploaded updated version with python-glade included, enjoy

Unfortunately, PyWebkitGTK is a bit problematic. Package with it takes much more space (about 50MB unpacked without, and about 150MB with webkit) and programs using it segfault as soon as some page is loaded. It's not included in the package, buuuut...

...I've created python script for creating Python package for Kindle You can specify which Debian packages you want to have included and generate such package by yourself - so if you want to test and/or debug webkit, you can use it. I've already listed all needed dependencies in the script, so you just have to uncomment proper line.

Script is available at http://dosowisko.net/kindle/build-python.py
(it needs unix-like userspace, so on Windows you'll need something like Cygwin)

TODO list:
- integrate on-screen keyboard with PyGTK
- menus don't work, probably Awesome configuration is breaking them somehow
- investigate why webkit segfaults

Last edited by dos1; 10-27-2012 at 05:10 PM.
dos1 is offline   Reply With Quote