View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #27
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
There is no issue that is reported here that is also not reported via the beta, I sometimes don't know about or fully understand an issue until I read it here, but I know that I have often gone on to report what I have learned here. There are other beta members with mad tech skills (which I definitely don't have). Their testing and reporting is amazing and very detailed.

You have now gratuitously attacked the developers and the members of the beta. Creating a hostile environment here seems counter-productive. I know it makes me less likely to spend anytime on the board. It may also be why Kobo developers (who actually do read the board) are less likely to write here than they were in the past.
Sure, you can interpret that way. But I don't think that developers or beta testers are that sensitive to a negative comment and I understand if they don't like it.
As we don't know or read/hear anything about future firmware developments (some secrecy or discrecy necessery) and bug fixes (no secrecy or discrecy necessery) it is understandable that users start looking for bug fixes or solutions and start reporting all kinds of bugs and hoping that Kobo picks it up and fix it. Or use the Kobo community to supply a fix or work-around existing bugs.
As I'm not part of a beta group I don't know if Kobo communicates more openly or acknowledge bugs within the beta group.
Who reports bugs (developers, beta testers or users) doesn't matter to me. As long as developers are able to replicate it.

Kobo developers may acknowledge
  • a bug does exists (minor or major); A "real" bug is a bug (no discussion about if or what a bug is)
  • a bug exists and needs to be fixed (higher priority bugs; but priority is arbitrary)
  • a bug exists and needs to be fixed but the bug is much more complicated than it initially appeared to be)
  • recognize a that bug exists and needs to be fixed but Kobo development policy/priorities are elsewhere (bug on hold/postponed or abandoned)
  • any other reasons/company restraints why it seems (at least from the outside) that bugs are not going to be fixed

We do know
  • the firmware is (basically) the same on all e ink reading devices
  • and that's why new devices inherit all existing bugs (if not fixed with a firmware update)
  • Kobos current track record of bug fixes
  • Kobos non communication about bugs and fixes (hopefully this is different within the beta group)

And I know nothing is perfect.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote