View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 02:08 AM   #14
theinfamousj
Groupie
theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (pink back)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Can anyone recommend a gadget that will allow me to power my Kobo Glo from AA NiMH batteries?

I want to take my Glo hiking, and if (when) the weather turns bad I expect to hole up in a hut and read. All my other devices (torch, radio, camera) use AA batteries, so it would be ideal if I could use them to power my e-reader too.
As a fellow hiker, I completely understand what you mean. I have a Goal Zero Guide 10 battery pack and, while heavier than I'd like, it does exactly what you want, plus it can charge those batteries too.

It outputs to USB from four AA or AAA NiMH rechargable batteries (it comes with AAs).
theinfamousj is offline   Reply With Quote