View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #11
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin-c View Post
The 'race to the bottom' has already fallen far below this price. I bought two 7" tablets recently, one for US$89 and the other on sale at US$79. Both run ICS. Neither are content-locked although both had the Amazon Appstore app pre-installed rather than Google Play. (I installed the Google Play app & it works fine with it-so the content, while 'directed' towards Amazon isn't locked to it.) Neither has an ebook reader app or a video player app pre-installed. For me, this isn't a problem. For the average tablet buyer? I suspect that the bottom-line price of a tablet will depend on what they pre-install. Obviously the hardware isn't very expensive.
All these 7" sub-$100 Android tablets have crappy screens with resolution of 800x480. If it weren't for that, they'd be a pretty nice deal. I've got a feeling BB put a crappy screen in theirs to keep the price down.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote