View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 02:36 PM   #15
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Tribble, what are you going to do?
Uhm, what should i do? I dont really understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
I feel pain for the original poster, but from the state of the screen you can see that it's had a hell of a bump from something! That couldn't happen spontaneously - could it?
I agree that this is very unlikely to happen by just lying around. What i have seen is that a device gets a bump and looks fine, because the crack in the glass layer is only minimal. Unfortunately by normal handling this crack then grows and results in large screendamage. E.g. from a tiny crack you can barely see to a larger one, can be done by a temperature change alone. That way it seems like it has just appeared.

If things like this would happen spontaneously, it would be very bad. As i said, of all the devices we sold, only 1 had screen damage. And not spontaneously. I can not rule out, that it actually happens to someone, but it is definately not a general problem with the iLiad. And i dont handle my iLiad like a raw egg all the time. But i didnt drop it yet like my CyBook either
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote