View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #477
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
That has nothing whatsoever to do with the Goodreads Sync plugin. This plugin does *not* change title/author in and of itself.
It doesn't change them - but it certainly sets them when you create a new Calibre entry. Now, you might argue that's not part of the sync - but I add a new Entry from within the sync plugin, even if it isn't actually your plugin that does the work. Please don't tell me I'm wrong again, because I've been doing this ALL night, and I still have 400 odd entries to go, because if I don't do just a subset of the missing books, I always get this error:

Code:
calibre, version 0.9.14
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ValueError</b>:invalid literal for float(): 1,2

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 1859, in sync_button_clicked
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 1839, in _create_empty_books
ValueError: invalid literal for float(): 1,2
Quote:
You have to have "some" rule in order to setup a shelf to sync. However that rule does *not* have to be one of date read, rating or comments. You can setup a rule to set a value in a custom column instead, for instance to set a #read yes/no column to "Yes" if the books is on your "read" shelf in goodreads.
I do have a rule - I started with the defaults of date read, rating & comments, but got the above error. So I tried removing "date read" as many of these books didn't have one. That made no difference, so I removed "rating", and then I couldn't sync that shelf - even though it was still supposed to be syncing comments. So I added another rule to set "date read" to None, and I was able to sync the shelf again - including the comments! So, yes, "date read" & "ratings" are optional as long as you provide a fourth rule - but you can't just have "comments"
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote