View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #12
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Exactly. Some elderly friends just had a problem with a cheap refurbished Windows machine they were sold. I spent 3 hours last Thursday checking that PC and proving that it was (extremely) faulty. They got their money back and were given an old Vista machine by a friend. It then took me all of Sunday and Monday to clean up the Vista machine, solve the issues it had (they had no disks so I couldn't just wipe and reinstall), then load their backups and convert their mail and contacts to import.

I got back last night to find that Outlook on my own PC had developed a problem. Took me another hour to clean that up and set compacting the mailbox going, which has only just finished, having run for 24 hours, limiting what I could use the PC for today.

My Chromebook is looking more and more attractive. Again, I did all my work on it today.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote