View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 08:07 AM   #22
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
I am constantly amazed by how different people's opinions of the PW battery life are. I keep the wifi on and my battery lasts a blink.
The wifi uses a *lot* of power, and isn't entirely off even when the machine is otherwise suspended (IIRC). When I turn it on, associated and with a strong signal, my battery drains about twice as fast as it otherwise would. If the signal is weak, the drain is even faster. That suggests it's using more power than the screen.

Amazon's suggestion that people leave the wifi on so they can receive OS updates is nuts in my opinion. I don't know anyone who does it, though perhaps people who are used to plugging everything they own in to recharge every night are happy to leave the wifi on 24/7.
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote