View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #52
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
But they aren't, are they?
There is Windows 8 RT, and there is 'real' Windows 8.
Depends on how you look at it, I guess. RT is really the Metro (though MS now hates that word for some reason) part (frontend?) of full Win 8. It's Win 8 minus the desktop.

So I guess it depends on whether you see Metro as something added to the OS, or a part of it.

I, myself, can't decide. I enjoy using it on a hybrid touch device, but it only really feels integrated when app switching or using the new menu system to open programs.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote