Thread: Indie Reads
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 07:38 AM   #2
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
since i got my kindle i've been reading indie and small press stuff exclusively. theres so much available that its like an entire world opens up.

i really liked-

The Half Orcs series by David Dalglish. I have all his books but i've only read the first two of this series so far. very, very dark fantasy. in the 1st book (which if free on amazon) the characters are utterly hateable, they're literally child murderers. the idea of unsympathetic characters may be a bitter pill to swallow for some but later books in the series seem to offer some redemption.

Taming Fire by Aaron Pogue. kind of a more mature cross between harry potter and eragon. well written and i look forward to the 2nd book.

Demon Gates by Robert Day. excellent classic epic fantasy of the "chosen one" variety but very well written and features combat vs 20 foot tall demons.

The Kinshield Legacy by KC May. extremely well written reluctant hero fantasy with a charming and loveable cast.

i've got about a dozen more fantasy novels on my TBR list that i've bought but these are what i've read lately that really stuck out. the 1st book of the half orcs is free and the others are 99 cents so they're not a major investment if anyone is iffy.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote