View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 04:41 PM   #15
NickSpalding
Addict
NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
Anywho, if they do pick me up, there will be several stipulations that will immediately go into the contract before I ever sign with them. They are: 1) I will be treated as a human, and not cattle. 2) My book is my book. Do not even *DREAM* of changing it. Suggest all the editing and grammatical tweaks you want, but if I don't want to change it, it's not getting changed. Deal with it.
Have to ask...how do you know the changes they suggest wouldn't make your book better and more likely to sell? Even if they are changes you don't like? Would you really give up the chance of a best selling book because you wouldn't take somebody else's advice?

Don't get me wrong, I admire anyone who's that confident in their abilities that they believe an outsider wouldn't have a contribution that would make the book better.
NickSpalding is offline   Reply With Quote