View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:13 AM   #17
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
I really wanted the Kobo recommendations to work. I think I am one of the few who actually wouldn't mind having recommendations - if they work.

Amazon's recommendations are excellent and I regularly find interesting new options there. I especially like how you can remove a book (perhaps you bought it for someone else - perhaps you hated it - whatever) so that it no longer influences the recommendations. Once I tell Amazon that I have already read a book it is NEVER recommended to me again.
I don't ususally praise Amazon but they have done this right!

Sadly Kobo's system can't even remember the books I have told it I already own. The first time I saw the recommendations I thought GREAT - they know what I like! At least 75% of the books were already in my library. I thought it wasn't bad as a starting list of recommendations but I didn't realise that these were the only recommendations I would ever get. After telling them multiple times that I have already read most of these books they keep shoving the same stuff at me.

Seriously what is the point? They have been recommending the same 20 or so books all year - I already own them - I've clicked the already read button hoping to get something new - but no - it's the same old books...

For me a complete waste of a potentially helpful feature.
I agree.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote