View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 12:59 AM   #50
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddCosine View Post
I'm also having the cover problem. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when and where it shows a cover vs. the black text on a white background. That's annoying, but not a deal-breaker for me. The lack of location sync is.
Here's how to temp fix white covers. Wait till it's late at night. I do mine around 3AM then turn WiFi on and tap on the gear then applications\All apps\ Kindle App\ Clear Data then hit Home.
Do not do anything while it's syncing. Once it's done go to the doc tab and the covers should be fixed now. It may take doing this twice to fix them all.

If it's a carousel cover missing. After clearing Kindle Data click on the book that shows the white cover on the carousel. If it's not fix, clear the cover off the carousel then click on gear hit sync twice then go to doc tab and tap the book again and the cover should show correctly on the carousel.

Don't ask me why it works but it does but only if clearing data syncing is finished and successful. Now if you do this and there is one book that refuses to show it's cover in docs it's the cover is too big in width. Go back to Calibre and change the cover to the Amazon cover for the book then resend to your Fire.

Lit to mobi covers always have a problem and have to be replaced.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote