View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 05:41 AM   #8
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
I think Joana probabily tried to make another interface ontop of CL. This thread stroke on a interesting topic and made me curious what does contentlister do when it starts another viewer. I found that, in "viewer.c" on contentlister, there is a fuction "gboolean viewerInit(char *viewer) ", when CL starts another viewer, CL will find the viewer's identity and setup a IPC channel for later communication. So, for viewers not stared by CL, CL won't know how to communicate with them. That's why Joana have the same problem if she open a shell (or ssh) and open ipdf by command line.

Then, a quite challenging question comes out: is it possible to make a middle-ware between CL and viewer, and enable IPC between CL and viewer? I think it's possible, but I don't know how to do it.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote