View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 03:53 PM   #28
Zorz
Zealot
Zorz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
I really dont care what a MD or PHD says in their research. I'm a programmer and spend most of my day in front of two LCD's. Both have their brightness down to a minimal level. My eyes since I switched from CRT two LCD have continued to get worse and worse. A year after moving to LCD I needed glasses for the first time and every time they get worse and worse.

I need to read many technical documents as well as other books. Most of this material is online, so I read it there.

When comparing reading on my dim monitor to reading on my kindle, the strain is not even comparable. I can notice the difference almost instantly. My eyes don't tear on the kindle, they don't squint. I can read for hours and hours, and it would be as if I was ready a cheap gray paged paper back.

So sorry, but just because you have a MD or PHD at the end of your name like in the articles, you cant blatantly say that LCD's cause no more strain than eink. I love my kindle, I am able to read, what I need to read and save my eyes at the same time.
Zorz is offline   Reply With Quote