View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 09:08 AM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Interesting. It's great to hear e-books are getting attention with the sci-fi presenters. SciFi has always been a top genre for e-books fans. I hope to see e-books become wildly successful with

I think the DRM issue will hit harder after people have invested in e-books and discover the problems. Just like music DRM was seemingly successful for a while until consumers got more educated. But the key leaders in the field will probably determine which way the industry goes. I really believe it could end up either onerous or very consumer oriented. We'll see.

I'm personally interested to see the influence of e-books and iPhone and netbooks on SciFi stories. I don't read a lot of SciFi anymore (other than many of Steve Jordan's books of course!), but there seems to only be sporadic influences in stories. It would be cool to see e-documents or even other forms of e-information show up in descriptions of future worlds.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote