View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #56
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks for the tip Freeshadow. Conrad is the one Polish author I've read something by.

I've only read seven Australian books, I will put Trudi in the potential list when researching what I want to read, although Bookpossum did give us a spectacular list to choose from already so I think I'm set for Australia with little work needed.

Thanks for the recommendation of Ben Okri. If I make it to Nigeria it's a definite option. Right now, I haven't gotten too far into Africa. Nigeria could be a way in and across, but I'd need to alter my route quite a bit. My travel restrictions are definitely making this more difficult, but I like a challenge.

And to answer what I am missing:
Mexico. I want to read Where the Air is Clear by Carlos Fuentes, but my library doesn't have it.
Cuba.
Belize. Zee Edgell's Beka Lamb is what I want to read, but it's unavailable from my library. I think I'm willing to buy this one.
Guatemala. The Beggar's Knife by Rodrigo Rey Rosa looks to be another I would have to purchase.
Bolivia. I'm struggling with this one and I might drop the country. I was thinking of Edmundo Paz Soldan perhaps.
Venezuela. Romula Gallegos doesn't appear to be available at my library.
Vietnam. The only one I've found interesting me so far is someone who only lived in Vietnam nutil they were ten and now they live in the US. That said, Lihn Dihn's books look very interesting.
Uzbekistan. I really want to read The Railway by Hamid Ismailov, but it's going to have to be a purchase.
Bulgaria. I saw Natural Novel by Georgi Gospodonov and thought I just had to read it to add to the pile of metafiction.
Senegal. Sembene Ousmane's God's Bits of Wood looks like a good choice, but would need to be a purchase.
Lithuania.
Norway. There's just too much crime fiction to sift through and I've already read My Life as A Dog. I suppose I could read an Ibsen play.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote