View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
specsavage
specsavage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specsavage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specsavage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specsavage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specsavage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specsavage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specsavage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specsavage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specsavage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specsavage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specsavage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
The Great Furry Anti-Reading Conspiracy

It is a conspiracy.

I didn’t used to think so. It started so slowly, you see.

Sitting there, just reading the morning newspaper (dating myself, now), minding my own business. Suddenly…foom! A furry butt has landed in the center of my reading material, messing all the creases my butler has so thoughtfully ironed in. Okay, the butler thing is a lie, but still. Or it might be a studied slump onto my comic book, or a tail flicking thoughtlessly across the pages of my book—followed by a hiss when I quite naturally used it for a bookmark, or seeing fluttered pages as an invitation to attack. These scenes had filled my life.

Then, I got an e-reader. I thought I was home free—no more furry interference. That is, until this morning, when the current furry resident got caught doing an all-claws-out tapdance on my Kindle.

A conspiracy, I tell you! Cats are out to keep us less well-read! [P&R comment deleted by moderator.] Right?

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 02-12-2013 at 11:41 AM.
specsavage is offline   Reply With Quote