View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 02:27 AM   #21
Enkidu of Abydos
Master of Disaster
Enkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
An earthquake, flooding, a personal disaster, holidays, a lack of time or a misunderstanding........................
Sometimes a certain poster seems to have disappeared from the lounge and others worry: where is he/she?
Need we bring flowers, offer some good advice, best wishes for the holidays, hugs or what?
Could the mods. please make this thread sticky: for goodbyes, inquiries and returns?
Well if I disappear for a spell don't organize a funeral... I have other things to do, and unlike those poor Japanese there's nothing catasthrofic here that can kill you...
No earthquakes (well no more then 3 or 4 I think, barely detectable by human senses), no vulcanoes (closest ones are in Italy), no tsunamis (you need an earthquake and an ocean for that, the biggest waves in the Adriatic are a few meters), no taiphuns, no hurricanes, no floods (there are floods in other parts of the country though), no major landslides, no avalanches, no blizzards / freezing rain (no snow period), nothing spectacularly deadly... The closest thing to a natural disaster here are the summer forest fires. But people make up with drunken / idiotic driving and traffic accidents...
No dangerous animals either... While you could find some bears in the mountains no one ever got attacked by a wild animal in the last decades... The sea is perfectly safe too, luckily for me since I love swimming and diving. I can't imagine living in Australia, with all those man-eating great-white sharks and poisonous jellyfish swimming in the seas... I'd be too afraid to get my feet wet. I mean there are a few fish with poisonous spines here too, but you have to be really unlucky or stupid to step on one, and there are smaller sharks, but they make a fine fish stew (and they don't make a stew out of us)...
The point is I'm really glad I live in a part of the world where I don't have to be afraid of natural disasters or dangerous animals, even if everything else isn't that rosy...
Enkidu of Abydos is offline   Reply With Quote