View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 01:15 AM   #14
djpyle
Writer
djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.djpyle can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Oasis, Paperwhite 1, iPhone 6+
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Great Book!!! I was wishing for more backstory on Davey, but all in all, I blew through it, and:

Spoiler:
I do still hope the rest of them get out okay, this was one book I was rooting for a happy ending and it actually didn't happen!!
I'm glad you liked it. Trying to balance the backstory with the present day story was tricky. Some readers tell me there are too many flashbacks, others wish there had been more. In the end, I hope I landed somewhere near the middle ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
I'm a ways into this book, and I'm tearing through it. It was everything I expected....well played Mr. Pyle...well played.

Although I think there is a problem with the B&N version, usually it's a couple page clicks to change an ePub page, but it's 2 pages per click with this, and I'm sure your book isn't over 500 pages, plus it was very sluggish to open and it would open and then shut for a while. Once I got into it though, it seemed fine.
Thanks for letting me know about that. I tested it on B&N's online simulator and the Nook app for iPad, but didn't have an actual Nook. I'll have to see if I can reproduce it.
djpyle is offline   Reply With Quote