View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #65
Rayparete
Rayparete began at the beginning.

Device: 2 First Gen Kindles, 1 8.5 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bZkindle View Post
I read the old thread (now closed) about amazon banning peoples accounts.
I understand that they seem to have banished a bunch of accounts in one sweep...being an old thread I wondered if anyone knows if they have since changed their policy or if anyone has heard of recent account bannings.

I don't buy very much from amazon, but am a little freaked out that they would do this across the board rather ruthlessly IMO, to at least some who didn't seem to really deserve it.
I've only made a couple returns to amazon but had a string of bad kindles that I had exchanged. The idea that they could suddenly lock me out of my kindle account has me a bit rattled.

The worse thing seems to be that you can't tell if your account is in bad standing or has this changed?
My account was just closed after 15 years. After receiving email confirmation of a purchase that I didn't make, I contacted them the same hour telling them to cancel or something because I hadn't placed the order. It was a large outdoor double couch with umbrella that cost $1000 and was being shipped to my husband's downtown office! They claimed I did order it, it wasn't a 1-click mistake on my part, they said I went through the long process of four different screens and it couldn't be canceled as it had already been shipped and it would cost me $250 to return it. They left me no choice but to deny the charge on my AMX. It was never shipped, I never received it but Amazon is insisting I pay them $1000 or my account stays closed and they then closed my husband's account. I can't begin to express my disbelief!!!!!
Rayparete is offline   Reply With Quote