View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 09:42 PM   #3
tank4141
Enthusiast
tank4141 began at the beginning.

I've been using a je-100 for most of my reading lately. I'm using the mobi app to read my books and I'm pretty happy with it. I turned the brightness levell way down and I do most of my reading indoors. It's a win ce device and it does have a suspend function which I think is exactly what you want. When I'm not reading I just tap the power button on top of the device and it about a 2-3 second shut down. Tap it when you're ready to read and it comes on instantly exactly where you were when you suspended it. I think it has about a 5 hour battery but I bought a hi capacity battery on ebay that gives me 30% more power for $4. I've never had the battery run out on me but I've only had it for about a month now. I never turn it off, just use suspended mode when I'm not reading. Every couple of days I'll plug it in to recharge from my pc. It uses a mini usb so I've always got a cable available. I've never plugged it in the wall to charge it. It does plenty more since it's win ce but it's not perfect. I also read comics on it also but I think I need a bigger screen (this one is 7"). It comes with it's own leather like cover so it's pretty much good to go out of the box.
tank4141 is offline   Reply With Quote