View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 12:52 AM   #10
crashed
Connoisseur
crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Re: DRM

Since I'm not a pirate and don't make my books available on torrents, I have *no* guilt on stripping DRM from books I purchased. Whether it's legal or not (and I don't believe it's been tested in U.S. courts), I purchased a book, not a license. I will continue to strip DRM to provide myself with safe backups and the ability to format shift.
Agreed!

As for the automatic sample downloads. I don't care for it, but I generally understand it, appears to be a form of revenue for BN I'm sure by advertising for the publishers, ect.

I'm imagining with a rooted Nook, it shouldn't be a problem to kill that "feature" if it bugs ya that much - would be a good reason to root.
crashed is offline   Reply With Quote