View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 04:38 PM   #12
jblitereader
Addict
jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.

Device: jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
We've been hearing of the death of the traditional book for years. Not that long ago, the experts were saying that books would not survive the arrival or the World Wide Web. Before that, television was going to kill off the book. And before that, rado and the cinema.

In fact, there's a rumour that the second book printed by Guthenberg was a treatise on the crisis facing the book industry.
While I agree with you on the radio, cinema, television, and internet thing, I really do think ebooks really will eventually replace paperbacks.

I really can't see myself ever buying another paperback ever again for entertainment purposes. And when electronic books catch up with the technical book industry, then I will stop buying technical paperbacks.

Added by edit.

I don't mean to drag this topic off course, but through humor there is truth.

I know it's just comedy, but I'm pretty darn sure there were real resistance to the book by the scroll supporters.

Last edited by jblitereader; 07-18-2010 at 04:57 PM.
jblitereader is offline   Reply With Quote