View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #39
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
If/when you understand the problem, please can you tell me how to work around it. Thanks.
To be honest: if you're preparing ebooks for KDP there may not be anything TO work around (if the KDP process is stripping out the extra StartOffset as part of its delivery process, as NiluJe suspects).

It'd be nice to be able to test/verify the "Go to Beginning" feature on an actual device before uploading to KDP, but that may not be in the cards.

I can't, in good conscience, recommend altering the file that Kindlegen produces before uploading to KDP (which is frankly what it would probably take to "fix" at this point). There's simply no telling what could cause the modified file to be rejected by the KDP process. But a post-kindlegen script of some sort to deal with the double-offsets makes perfect sense to me -- for those who are creating ebooks with Kindlegen for personal use or for self-distribution. Perhaps, as NiluJe, recommended, as part of MobiUnpack's "splitter" feature.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-28-2012 at 02:59 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote