View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 01:55 PM   #3
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Yeah, my university is being sued for fair use violations related distributing copies of articles, one chapter of a book etc. to students for course use, use of material in course lectures etc. University is arguing it's fair use since it's factual information and not harming the sales as students wouldn't buy the book to read one chapter etc.

I'm very interested to see how that case, and others like the one in the post above turn out.

I'm VERY anti-piracy. But fighting piracy shouldn't come at the expense of legitimate uses of the material at the individual level, in educational settings etc. They have to find ways to fight the losers who are distributing copyrighted material for profit (or giving it away on the net), those illegally downloading songs, movies, books etc. instead of buying them etc.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote