View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 04:49 AM   #18
Henrycat
Zealot
Henrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rechard
In last week, I saw the iLiad in Beijing of China, then and there a meetting was be hold about eBooks&ePublish. iRex CEO(Hans) with Mr.Zhou attend the meetting and show iLiad in that meetting.
But the iLiad is to me disappointment:
1. Too Slowly
when open a PDF file ,It spend 14 seconds at least.
Turn page ,i must be wait 3 seconds (dully)
2.Too much BUGS
In the showing period,device died several times.

So,I think iLiad will be delay some months.
1 - Slow - it's being worked on, and it must have been a big PDF, to open my PDF's it takes 10-20 secs. Looks like a lot, but personally i don't care has long has it loads them
So far no problems with pdfs i make

Comic PDFs around 50-100 megas (manga volumes, not chapters, say 200 pages)
Text PDFs 1-2 megas (baen books, say 500-800 pages)

2 - Hope they get the caching of pages working soon so it will only take the time to update, not to "open" each page. Suppose it's a matter of habit, i really dont think about it when reading...

3 - Bugs - now this interest me. What kind of bugs? In my Iliad it has never stoped working short of empty battery
Was the device using english OS and content, or the chinese versions?
Henrycat is offline   Reply With Quote