View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 12:25 PM   #14
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
If you already have a K2 Octovo Solis light, it can be modded to fit the K3. I added a small strip of adhesive-backed felt (sold by the sheet for $0.99-1.29 at craft stores) to the front of the clip, and it fits the K3 perfectly.

I like the Solis a lot. It's lightweight, and casts a slightly warmer glow than most LED lights, which I find easier on the eyes in a dark room. Too bad I don't really like the Kindle 3...

I also own the Capstone light, which I use on my Opus. It is just as light, but has a brighter, cooler glow. My Target now carries them on the bottom of an endcap in the book section, not anywhere near the Kindle.
Good information about the Octovo book light; thank you for that, simplyparticular. LED lighting is often rather harsh so it's nice to know that the Solis lighting might be a bit gentler on the eyes. (Sorry you don't like the Kindle 3, but it is certainly not everyone's cup of tea!)

And also nice to know that those who have the K2 version of the Solis can just modify it slightly, as you did, to fit the Kindle 3. I did do a quick search to see if the K2 version was being sold at a discount anywhere - which would be good for Kindle 2 and Kindle 3 owners - but I couldn't find it being sold, period, not even on eBay, except on the Octovo site, where it is still the same price as the K3 version.

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote