Thread: PRS-600 Touchscreen problems
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #1
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Touchscreen problems

After a very busy week I was finally sitting down, relaxing with a book, happily turning pages using the buttons, when one footnote appeared. Clicking the link required the use of the touchscreen, so I tapped and tapped, with finger and stylus, and got increasingly frustrated that I always seemed to miss the little star that led to the footnote. Until it occurred to me to test other touchscreen functions, and sure enough, none worked.

On the main menu, tapping at "more" highlighted "Currently Reading". Tapping anywhere else did nothing at all. So I thought, calibration problems, let's try a hard reset. Well, I'm now at the screen calibration process, and, you guessed it, I can't calibrate because I can't tap on the center of the X, whatever I do.

Any ideas what might have happened to mess with the touchscreen?
Any ideas how to solve this?
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote