View Single Post
Old 02-10-2024, 07:46 AM   #21
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Depending on the database of another tool is just asking for trouble. Whenever Kovid makes changes to the table structures, it'll fuck up your library. And a lot of people probably don't do regular backups. I forget about backups, half the time.

Calibre isn't that complicated, either. It has a lot of buttons and dropdowns, but if you just keep in mind what you want to achieve with it, and use the comprehensive online-help, you'll always get Calibre to do what you want it to do. And if I can't figure it out, mobileread forums will help me do it.

Also, if you need a streamlined tool that is multi-user compatible, just use Calibre-web. At least it's mature and doesn't crash. Come to think of it, what are the advantages of Citadel if we already have Calibre-web?
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote