View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #44
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pl001 View Post
I hear you there. It's not even so much the data collection that bothers me. It's trying to keep track of the 50+ accounts I've accumulated over the years. And the fact that they can't seem to standardize on a secure user name and password format.
It's a bit offtopic, but hey... the answer is short.

Use something such as Keepass, or another password safe.

Spoiler:

With regard to companies, I don't really care if they track; I don't mind Amazon or Kobo knowing which books I buy, or browse when signed in. I don't really care. What I do care about are huge companies that blanket the entire internet to gather data: Google, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and so on. These companies don't really have any products to sell; the only reason they exist is because they provide a "convenience service", and use it to gather data.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote