View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #719
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@Kris for Marvin!

Most of my E-book-reader-wishes were implemented before I could formulate them.

However I have one (very small) problem I will try to describe here.
I use Marvin (and Stanza and Shubook) with an OPDS catalog. I use Calibre but mainly COPS. COPS is a Calibre OPDS (and HTML) PHP Server I use with Apache webserver in windows 7 and Debian Linux. Browsing and downloading from the server work perfectly.
The (small) problem I am having is that Marvin does not show a description in the popup window when I tab the three dots (...) on the right side of the screen next to the book. This description is shown by Stanza and Shubook.
If I download the book and check the metadata the description is there! It was just not shown in the (preview) popup window.

I do not know if the problem (if you can call it that, I just strive for perfection here) lies with Marvin or COPS. The author of COPS does not make COPS with IOS devices in mind (he does not have one) so it is difficult for him to test with Marvin. On the other hand Kris might not do Apache, so it would be equally difficult for him to test compatibility with COPS.

All I can say is that Marvin and Stanza work the same with Calibre but do not with COPS, while COPS uses the same (literally) Calibre-database and e-book directories. Does Marvin handle OPDS different form Stanza? If so, is there room for improvement? If not, I'm equally happy with Marvin.

I will probably put a link to this post in the COPS-Forum to see if this problem can be solved (and promote Marvin at the same time).

If my description of this problem is not totally clear I can post some screenshots.

Again for Marvin!