View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 08:58 AM   #33
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
I use Virtualbox. But on some machines it can be quite slow, if the machine doesn't support the necessary extensions in the BIOS.

It took me some doing to install XP, too and the ancient program I use, a DOS based Alpha4 took me several days to settle down so it was usable. Printer support in the virtual machine has had some issues as well. Network drives are interesting too if he has another computer networked to this one.

Since Gregg has had troubles where a number of us would not think it to be much of a problem, I hesitate to tangle him up any further. For him, it is a tool to do his main job, unlike for others where it is a hobby in itself. For me it is both, since I also just want the &%&^ thing to work when I want to ship an item or look up information.

With Sigil it will no doubt be better, but it still can be slow depending on the machine.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote