View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 07:30 AM   #31
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
I switched over to Win 7 too, and run the very old program I use for accounting in a virtual machine. But virtual machines are on the order of Linux in difficulty.

But if Gregg's machine is old enough, it may not be able to run Win7. My laptop won't because of the lack of a Win7 video driver.

Gregg, have you run the Windows 7 upgrade advisor, a free download from Microsoft? It would tell you if your machine could even use it in the first place and what problems you would encounter.

It would have to be a clean install which is both an opportunity and a pain in the %^*(. With the machine no longer weighed down by years of junk, it might go faster.

Windows7 can be made to mostly act like XP with a program called Classic Shell. It is on both my machines. No reason to change my workflow to please the techies who have to have a new OS every year or they get bored.

FWIW, I have a machine in shop that will continue to run XP, it doesn't need anything else. On it I do not do general web browsing or email. That eliminates about 95% of the opportunity to pick up viruses or malware.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote