View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #436
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Just a quick heads up: I'm using a trimmed down version of MobiUnpack in the latest K5 ScreenSavers hack . (I say trimmed down, because I only needed to extract the cover, so I chopped off everything I didn't need ).

It works surprisingly well (after a painful cross-compile of Python 2.7.3 >_<") so far, the only thing of notice I ran into was a MemoryError on the loadSection() of the last section.
I looked at how Calibre was doing it, and saw that it wrapped it in a try/except block to catch OverflowError exceptions (and, indeed, a bit of good old printf debugging seems to point out that after looks like an overflow on the last section).
I tweaked that a bit:

Code:
@@ -267,7 +67,12 @@
     def loadSection(self, section):
         before, after = self.sections[section:section+2]
         self.stream.seek(before)
-        return self.stream.read(after - before)
+        try:
+            return self.stream.read(after - before)
+        # This bombs out with a MemoryError on Kindle on the last section (where after overflows)
+        except (OverflowError, MemoryError):
+            self.stream.seek(before)
+            return self.stream.read()
And it does the job, but I was wondering if there wasn't a cleaner way to achieve that... (I feel a bit dirty catching a MemoryError exception...).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-03-2012 at 03:58 PM.
NiLuJe is online now   Reply With Quote