View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 01:08 PM   #19
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
Thanks for sending me the links, HarryT. I think any misleading claims on price at the moment would be more hurtful than helpful for us, especially with all of the changes going on here.

And as far as price on our eBookstore, this is what I know for sure. Our wholesaler is charging us a higher price to carry titles on our site than the Big Stores are charging customers. They blame the publishers, of course, and publishers blame the wholesaler. We are trying to work directly with publishers to lower our price, which I think would be a great solution.

However, we do have reasonable prices compared to 'club' prices and other stores on the web. And often, a low price for a great book or indie title surprises me. Furthermore, if a customer can make a good case for me to lower a price on our site, even at a loss, I would happily do so.

We're not out to rip people off, overcharge, or inflate and point fingers. We ARE out to lower our prices enough to be competitive, and spotlight indie authors looking for a bookstore that actually listens.

And, as Robert has said in the past, our bookstore is literally going through a revamp with tons of improvements.
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote