View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 01:13 PM   #11
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I apologize to New Devices Addicts thread, but I wonder if I can justify another device.

Here is my justification. I have 2 android devices and a kindle (I know that is android, but it does things the normal android device can't do, and vice-versa). But there are two apps which are only available on Ois. Once is an automatic download of the Chicago Trib, and the other is an app that reads a knitting pattern to me. Seems a lot of $$ for two apps.

Should I buy a new mini, or go to ebay and buy an older, bigger model? Anyone who is an android afficiano and bought an ipad for their app store and either regrets it or thinks it is their best purchase ever? Or is this just a really weak justification?
I have an original iPad and the iPad 3 (with Retina screen); I would recommend a newer one that has the Retina screen. Also, I'm finding the older one more limiting with newer apps -- Apple is no longer supporting it and its OS will no longer be updated -- I used it almost exclusively for reading these days and I no longer stream video on it.

I'm not sure how big a deal automatic downloading is for you and I am surprised that the Android does not have a similar knitting app. If that is really all that you are looking to get one for, I would say that is probably not worth the extra expense, especially if you are going to continue to use your familiar Android tablets. An app or two is not enough to justify the cost, in my opinion.

However, I didn't even have a single app in mind when I bought my first iPad -- I wanted it just for photo sharing and video watching. (These days, I use my newest one for reading, web browsing, video streaming, and photo viewing/editing. Not much more than that. I wanted it because I heard it had an upgraded camera and, ironically, have never taken any pictures with it. I have scanned codes with it, to get to web content; it's definitely nice to have the camera on it.)

It really comes down to what *you* think makes it worth it to you. Good luck with your decision!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote