View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 09:35 AM   #6
inkyfantastic
inkyfantastic began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge, Pocket Edge
From one student to another, I suggest you get the full-sized Edge rather than Pocket Edge. I have them both. I love the PE, but mostly for taking short notes, reading books in bed, and traveling (which I do a lot). You can annotate PDFs on the PE, but it's hard with such a small screen. If you really want to replace your paper notebooks and annotate electronic texts (pdf, epub, whatever), then the Edge is really the way to go. It's not as compact and light at the PE, but I don't even notice the weight of it in my purse. And if you've got in lying on a desk or table, the weight of it hardly matters. Several used EEs have gone for under $300 (and even under $200) on ebay. The only problem with the EE is that some people have hibernation issues (myself included). My PE wakes up from hibernation 100% of the time, but my EE will only wake up from hibernation the first time, and then after that I have to yank the battery and reboot. That makes it a drag to restart quickly from one class to the next. But there are ways around that.
inkyfantastic is offline   Reply With Quote