View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 12:07 PM   #6
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author
Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I think it's awesome--what better way to drive kids to read great books than to publicly and loudly declare they shouldn't read them? Far better outcome for "education" than being forced to read it in a classroom.

I'll bet half the kids in the jurisdiction have the books already downloaded on their Ipods, Kindles, and phones. Point of pride.

I covered the school board for 12 years, and if there is a deader, more rigid, and hopelessly failing bureaucracy than education, I haven't seen it, and I've covered government at every level. Not to minimize the great passion and dedication of our teachers, but they are getting ground beneath the stone.